Your invitation to...
A4 Art Australia... 2021
An initiative of the Contemporary Art Society of Victoria Inc.
A National exhibition of A4-sized artworks in an astounding range of styles and subjects
- a delight to the eye and the imagination!
The President and Committee of the Contemporary Art Society of Victoria warmly invites you to join with us for refreshments at the OPENING of our eighth annual A4 Art Australia coming up soon on Saturday 6 MARCH between 12 noon and 2pm at the Herring Island Gallery, Melbourne. Our exhibition celebrates the diversity of contemporary art produced by artists from all across the states and territories of Australia. Over 200 artists have contributed to the colourful, enchanting and imaginative exhibition of over 600 affordable artworks in our show. All for sale! Something to suit every home, or the perfect gift.
If you can't make it to the opening, there are plenty of opportunities to see the show because it is on for 5 weekends until 5 April (see the list of dates below).
A downloadable A4 invitation is available on our website HERE - please circulate the invitation (or this email) to your friends, family and colleagues. We encourage you to come along to the opening with family, friends and art-lovers in your circle. #A4ArtAustralia
Help us spread the word by printing out the A4 invitation (colour or B&W) and giving to friends or put it up at your local library, art suppliers, shops or community notice boards, or post on your social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc). Bring your friends/family to the show!
Official opening and exhibition launch:
Saturday 6 March, 12 noon to 2pm
at the Herring Island Gallery on Herring Island in inner-city South Yarra, Melbourne.
The exhibition will be officially opened by Robert Lee president of the Contemporary Art Society of Victoria. The exhibition is proudly supported by Parks Victoria.
• There will be over 600 original A4-sized artworks and sculptures on show, covering almost every imaginable subject, and created in a wide range of media including - acrylic, aquatint, bronze, charcoal, collage, crayon, digital print, enamel, etching, gouache, graphite, ink, linocut, mixed media, oil pastel, pastel, pen, pencil, photography, polymer, textile & watercolour!
The exhibition is showing on the following dates:
MARCH: Saturday 6, Sunday 7, Monday 8
Saturday 13, Sunday 14,
Saturday 20, Sunday 21 March,
Saturday 27, Sunday 28,
APRIL: Good Friday 2, Saturday 3, Sunday 4,
Easter Monday 5 April 2021
• This exhibition is part of the Herring Island Summer Arts Festival.
• Herring Island Gallery hours: 11.30am to 4.30pm on opening days only (on the above dates)
• How to get there? Go to www.herringislandfestival.org.au for directions.
• Herring Island really is an island - it's in the middle of the Yarra River! Access is only by boat or punt. Catch the FREE Parks Victoria punt service from Como Landing, Alexandra Avenue, South Yarra (Melway Ref 2MC2 - near Kanteen Café). The Punt runs 11am to 5pm on exhibition days.
• All artworks exhibited in A4 Art Australia 2021 will also be displayed on the CAS website-gallery during and after the exhibition. You can order and pay for your artworks (if unsold/available) online via our web gallery.